What needs to be cleaned and when?
Every day or almost every day
- air out the apartment
- wash the dishes and clean the kitchen
- take out the rubbish
- put your things and clothes where they belong.
Once a week
- do some laundry
- wash the toilet and the bathroom sink
- wipe off any visible dust and stains
- throw away any spoilt food from the fridge
- water the plants
Once or twice a month
- change the bed sheets and air out the bedding
- take any unwanted papers, magazines and advertisements to a collection bin, glass and metals to a recycling bin and empty bottles to a store
- clean the floors with a damp rag
- clean the fridge
- dust all lamps, door tops, bookcases and paintings on the walls.
Every once in a while
- organise your closets and cupboards
- air out your pillows, duvets and mattresses
- clean the floor drain, air vents and radiators
- clean the floors more thoroughly, wipe the skirting boards as well
- defrost the freezer
- clean the extractor hood, the oven, the dishwasher and the washing machine
- air out the rugs, the curtains and decorative pillows
- clean the windows.